Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Caribbean trip

This past weekend I went to the Caribbean. I left on Friday morning and came back on Monday night. I was in Curacao (http://www.curacao.com/) one of the Netherlands Antilles. It is right next to Aruba. It is also the home of Atlanta Braves Center fielder and 2005 home run champion Andrew Jones. I was there because my sister was lucky enough to get sent there for her work. Her company has a client there so they sent her and some of her co-workers down there on and off for a few months. The opportunity to visit and have free housing was too good to pass up (My sister was also in Omaha at the end of last year for work, however Omaha just never seemed a very exciting place to visit hence I never went there.) I put up some pictures on my yahoo photos site(http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tdogg158/my_photos), as well as some short videos on my castpost site (www.tomwiesak.castpost.com)

The Island was nice. Eventhough is very far South (less than 100 miles from the coast of South America) it wasn't as tropical as I though it would be. It was very hot but a lot of the area seemed like the Southwest since there were a lot of cactuses and shrubs around and not really any type of rain forest. However, the beaches there were awesome. Both the main tourist beaches and some of the more natural beeches further from the tourist areas were all very nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home