Saturday, July 07, 2007

Washington DC


I was in Washington DC for the first time in over 7 years last weekend. Previous trips to DC have been mostly with family and mostly doing the whole tourist thing. Although we did spend a lot of time on the mall doing the tourist thing, it was the first time I spend a lot of time in different DC neigborhoods. I really liked Georgetown a lot. It's not quite like any neigborhood I've seen in other cities such as philly and NYC. It's within a mile or two of downtown and the white house but yet it has a somewhat suburban feel. Georgetown and George Washington universities are nearby, but it's not quote the same as University City in Philly with Drexel and Penn right there. I had briefly been there once before but this was the first time I stayed overnight near there and got to spend a decent amount of time. I also got to experience the DC nightlife. It was surprisingly packed everywhere considering school is out of session but I guess a lot of people are there for the summer and a lot of people in their 20's and 30's live near there as well. I would definitely recommend anybody visiting DC to check out the Georgetown area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home