Wednesday, October 19, 2005

world travel

One thing that is kind of cool (at least I think it’s cool) is that you can fly to basically every major city on the planet within 24 hours and often only 1 layover from Philly's airport. Pretty much every major US city and western European cities you can fly to directly from Philly. Some cities like Miami have flights to most major cities in the Caribean and South America. West Coast cities like LA and San Fran have flights to most major cities in Asia, and western European cities have flights to major cities in eastern Europe, the middle east and Africa. I know a lot of people my age may not appreciate this but for people who are much older I'm sure they are impressed that you can go pretty much anywhere often for around $1000 in less than 24 hrs and having only 1 layover. I checked on a travel website (I was a little bored and curious) and you can fly from Philadelphia to Tehran, Shanghai, Rio De Janerio, or Istanbul with one layover and get to all those cities in 12-18 hrs. It's a small world after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home