Sunday, April 16, 2006

disaster TV

What's up with all the disaster shows i've been seeing on TV. Tonight I saw a little bit of a show on the history channel on the 1906 San Fran earthquake and what would happen if a similar quake hit today. (it was pretty interesting) The name of the show was 'mega disasters'. I briefly saw another show on the discovery channel on what would happen if a tornado hit downtown Dallas. Then I saw a commercial on the weather channel about another disaster scenario show. I know we've had the Asian Tsunami, Katrina, and Pakistan earth quake over the past 16 months, but I didn't think disaster TV shows would be everywhere. In one night of channel flipping I saw 3 different channels showing either a disaster show or commercial preview for future show.

1 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

what's even weirder, Tom, is that i just got finished reading the following article...so when i visited your site, just now, i was thinking, "Gee, this is weird."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11947095/

And, i'm weird too...you don't even have to say it. Sometimes i feel a little like Napoleon Dynamite...except my favorite animal, contrary to popular belief, is not a liger.

2:59 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home