Monday, May 08, 2006

Broad St. 10 mile run

This Sunday I ran the Broad Street 10 mile run. (www.broadstreetrun.com) It was a great experience, I got to see 10 miles of Philly on foot. I had never run in a race with thousands of people before, and I definitely want to do it again sometime. I had ran track in high school and had been running basically for the last 5 years but usually only a few miles maybe a couple times a week. For this race I upped my training and had to run longer distances in the weeks prior to the race. 10 miles was definitely a record for me in terms of distance. The race was actually easier then I thought probably because the weather was perfect, the course is actually downhill and it's always easier to run when there are lots of people because you seemed to get pushed more to run harder. I broke 100 minutes which was my goal but my roomate beat me so now he has bragging righs until we run in a race again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Good job Tom.

6:28 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home