Thursday, October 20, 2005

NBA dress code

One of the bigger news stories in the world of sports this week was the NBA starting a dress code http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/8977030. This will mean that players will have to wear business casual attire when they participate in team or league activities. Now, the first player I have in mind when I heard about this rule is Allen Iverson. I don't think I've ever seen AI wear anything close to resembling proffesional or business casual dress. (Maybe draft day in 1996 was the only time I can remember ever seeing him in a suit) Not sure if AI will make a big fuss over the rule, but the way I see it, it's really only an issue of clothes and I personally don't consider it to be a newsworthy item. Whether AI sucks it up and dresses nicer or dresses in his usual attire and gets fined is is not really a big deal. Just like AI said a few years ago when discussing practice "Practice! we talking about Practice!" I say "Clothes! we talking about clothes!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

i don't think it's that huge a deal what they wear, although i agree that the image of pro basketball needs to change. i much prefer watching college basketball nowadays b/c i get tired of all the hype and glitziness of pro ball. most jobs do have a dress code (unless, say, you work from home) so if the NBA wants to impose a dress code, then that's their prerogative. so...all you NBA players...you may not have to "pay to play" but it looks like you'll have to "dress to play." suck it up.

11:22 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home