Tuesday, June 20, 2006

jealous of teacher friends

At this time of year all my friends that are teachers are finished with their school year and have summer vacation to look forward too, or at least a summer job where they work outdoors like a camp or lifeguards at a pool. I have the joy of doing the exact same thing I do during the rest of the year which is to leave for work at 8am and sit in a cubicle all day in front of a computer and then go home around 5. I'm a little jealous to say the least. Before I was 23, I always did something different in the summer then I did during the school year, but over the last 5 years I do the same thing year round so it kind of gets a little depressing. Although the advantage of my job is that I can take vacations at any time of the year (which can be good because fall, winter and spring are good times to go to warm places like florida. In the summer it's hot here and hot there so why bother traveling somewhere hot), while I know that many teachers have trouble taking off days during the school year (although they do get spring break and christmas break)Overall I still would probably pick the yearly schedule of a teacher over my current schedule.

1 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Yes, Tom...it's a life of luxury...NOT! Ha ha!

Nah, I know what you mean though... it's definitely nice to have the change of pace and scenery over the summer.

I'll think of you while I go w/ my camp on field trips and to the pool...LOL. Sorry, don't mean to rub it in or anything.

12:20 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home