Tuesday, September 26, 2006

cover band Velveeta

This weekend I was up in State College for a wedding. Although I still go up there every few months, Friday night I saw the 80’s cover band Velveeta (www.80scheese.com) for the first time in awhile. I can’t believe they are still playing. I think the guys in the band are all pushing 40 by now. When I started out as freshman in 96, I remember hearing ads on the radio for them. When I turned 21, I saw them many times at various downtown State College Bars. I also see them occasionally in the Philly area when they play here. Those guys still pretty much look the same and play many of same
songs this weekend as they did when I was in college. I think they have played ‘Jesse’s girl’, ‘Pour Some Sugar on me’, and ‘Living on a Prayer’ more times then Rick Springfield, Def Lepard or Bon Jovi ever did. (By the way, does any cover band not play ‘Pour Some Sugar on Me’) Anyways, it was interesting to see although many things change up at Penn State (the students, the campus) some
things stay the same year after year (Velveeta playing cheesy 80’s classics).

1 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

I cannot stand "Pour Some Sugar on Me"...it's just a ridiculously cheesy song. Hence the reason Velveeta always plays it I guess. I've never liked it. At all. Ever.

Anyway, did the lead singer get rid of his Flock of Seagulls hair yet??

8:18 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home