Monday, November 21, 2005

Michael Robinson heisman consideration

I know I may be biased because I'm a Penn State football fan but I'm a little surprised that Penn State quarterback Michael Robinson hasn't gotten more heisman trophy consideration. In sportline.com heisman watch he wasn't even among the top 8 candiates. (although maybe that will change this week) I know Reggie Bush, Matt Leinert, and Vince Young all had awesome years and they may be more deserving. (I personally think Reggie Bush should win the heisman. I think he's the most exciting running back to play football since Barry Sanders. I have seen many highlights of him over the past 2 seasons and I've never seen someone have so many great runs. He will definitely be a huge NFL star) However, Robinson led a team that went from being 4-7 last year to being 1 second away from an undefeated season. The other 3 guys all play on teams that were very good last year (USC and Texas) and are good again this year. His stats may not be as great as those other guys, but he still has over 15 TD's passing and 10 TD's rushing, and in my mind is without a doubt the Big Ten MVP. Not saying he should win the heisman but he should be among the top 5 vote getters. To read more about Robinson's accomplishments check out the link below.

http://www.gopsusports.com/football/MichaelRobinson/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home